Top Image Mesa County Home
Mesa County Sheriff's Office
Report a crime or incident  

In case of an emergency dial 911 immediately. If you are calling from a cell phone, know the address or nearest cross streets of your location or the incident.

  • If your incident is not an emergency, but a crime has been committed. In Mesa County, Colorado, you can call 911 or the non-emergency dispatch phone number is: (970) 242-6707. Your incident will be assigned to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
  • If you are reporting a traffic crash, Fruita Police Department and Grand Junction Police Department handle crashes in their jurisdiction. To report a crash in Grand Junction or Fruita, call 911 or non-emergency dispatch at: (970) 242-6707. To report a crash in all other areas of Mesa County call 911 or contact the Colorado State Patrol directly at (970) 249-4392.
  • To report a fraud, identity theft, check fraud or other similar incidents, review our Fraud Packet information and complete the appropriate documents before scheduling an appointment to turn in your completed paperwork.
  • To report a drunk driver or road rage anywhere in Colorado, from a cell phone dial: *CSP (*277).
  • If you aren't sure when to call 911, check out our When do I call 9-1-1 page addressing that issue in further detail.
  • If you have a civil issue, such as serving papers (divorce, restraining order, etc.), evictions, civil standby, Sheriff sales and more, contact that unit directly at: (970) 244-3523 or view our Civil Service section .
  • To register for emergency notification in Mesa County, Colorado, do so through the City of Grand Junction website.
  • For information about inmates in our Detention Facility, search through our Inmate Inquiry System.

Mesa County Logo with Text  Follow Us On  
Facebook Icon   Twitter Icon   Email Icon 
        Mesa County Home           Comments/Feedback          Copyright/Disclaimer/Privacy           Webmaster