You may contact an inmate in the Detention Facility through mail at this address;
- The Inmate's Full Name
- c/o Mesa County Detention Facility
- P.O. Box 20000-5017
- Grand Junction, CO 81502
Mail is delivered between mid-night and 7:00 A.M.
All personal incoming mail will be opened and inspected for contraband, in addition, all outgoing mail may be opened and inspected. Incoming legal mail that bears a professional letterhead will be opened and inspected in front of the inmate.
The following information outlines items that will be accepted via the U.S. Postal Service for an inmate.
- Jokes and letters are accepted as long as they are appropriate. Do not mail paper, stamps or envelopes. Inmates have to purchase these items at commissary. If an inmate is deemed to be indigent, these items will be provided for them at no cost.
- Certified funds, such as Money Orders, Certified Checks, Cashier's Checks, State and Federal Issued checks will be accepted through the mail.
- One page, computer generated, yearly or monthly calendars will be accepted.
- W-2's and tax information will also be accepted.
- Photographs are acceptable as long as they are no larger than 9"x 11" and of appropriate content. Photos of nudity will not be allowed. A maximum of five photos will be accepted. As a reminder, Inmates may not exceed five photos in their possession at one time.
- We will not accept packages of any kind without prior approval. Paperback books and magazines will ONLY be accepted when mailed directly from the publisher. For example: Books sent directly from the Double Day Book Club, Barnes and Noble.com or Amazon.com will be accepted. Books sent from local bookstores will not. The content of the book or magazine must be appropriate or it will be returned to sender.
Items that will NOT be accepted are:
- Cut-outs or articles from magazines
- Binders of any type
- Payroll checks
- Car titles
- Musical cards
- Word Search books and/or pages