(970) 244-3500

Download request form

You can obtain a request form in person or by downloading it here:
Open Records Form

Mail Request to:

Mesa County Sheriff's Office
215 Rice Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501

Records Lobby Hours

8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday excluding holidays.


215 Rice Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501


Please bring cash, check or money order to pay fees. The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office currently does not accept credit cards. 

Criminal Justice Records Requests

We hope that providing these simple guidelines and forms on our website, produce an easier way for you to request Criminal Justice Records & Public Records that reside within our agency.

The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office releases records in accordance with the Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-301, and the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-201 as it applies to the public records that may exist.

Keep in mind; some 'Public Records' are not the work product of this agency. If you are unclear what agency to make a request to for a 'Public Record,' we encourage you to start here and we will notify you if your request falls under Mesa County Government purview. 

Submit Request

Requests may be submitted by mail or in person at the Records Lobby. All requests must be signed by the requestor.

All services require customers to provide photo identification and submit a signed Request Form for Criminal Justice Records.


  • $2.00 for up to the first 4 pages.
  • $0.25 for each additional page.
  • DVD/CD Copies $6.00 per disk
  • Mug Shots copies $2.00 black & white / $3.00 color 
  • $30.00 per hour (no charge for the first hour) for extensive data/record searches and redaction of confidential data under the law. C.R.S. 24-72-205 (6)(a) 

For a full list of Fees click here.

Fees also apply to copies of jail documents.

*Please Note: The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office accepts all major credit cards. An additional fee will apply.

More Information

For more information please call (970) 244-3500 or Email Us.

Media? Reporters may contact the PIO directly.