The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office offers unpaid internships during the spring, summer, and fall semesters. Agency interns work an average of 10-20 hours a week for the duration of the semester. Interns with a Criminal Justice major can spend time in each section of the agency, working with Law Operations (Patrol & Investigations), Support Services (Records & Sex Offender Registration), Detentions, Emergency Services, and Court Services. Students in the Communication and Marketing field can also apply for an internship with our agency to work with our Public Information Officer.
If you are a high school student interested in law enforcement, consider our Explorer Program and/or speak with your school-to-career coordinator about interning with us.
In order to participate in our internship program, you must:
- Be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior
- Be currently enrolled in College
- Getting college credit for your internship
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Possess a valid state driver's license
- Have engaged in no criminal activity in the last three to five years (including drug usage)
If you are interested in applying with us, complete the following requirements:
The application deadline for the fall semester is July 31st and November 30th, for the spring semester and April 30th for the summer semester.
Send your completed packet to:
Deputy Bailey Herrera
Mesa County Sheriff’s Office
215 Rice Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501